Hide this page (shortcut Esc key) - This will take you to the google website

The Children's Panel - life changing

What if I don’t agree with the decision of the children’s hearing?

If you don't agree with the decision of the hearing you should tell someone straight away, either the person who looks after you, your social worker or the Children’s Reporter. They will help you talk to someone about why you do not like the decision and help you decide if you would like to go to court to appeal the decision.

To appeal means that a Sheriff at court will look at the decision to see if they agree with it.

If you want to appeal the decision of the hearing, you must do this within 21 days of the date of the hearing.