Hide this page (shortcut Esc key) - This will take you to the google website

The Children's Panel - life changing

Worried about a child or young person?

Picture of a boy in a red t-shirt

Children and young people have a right to be protected and to be kept safe from harm.

We all have a responsibility to make sure that children and young people are kept safe from harm, whether it be at home, at school or in the community.

Families, neighbours, professionals and members of communities play a vital role in protecting children and young people. Most children and young people in our society grow up in a safe protected environment, but sadly the minority do not, and need extra help from adults to keep them safe.

If you’re worried about a child or young person, you should report your concerns to the local area where they live. For example, you could contact:

In an emergency situation you should contact the police immediately on 999.

There are also a number of other organisations who can help: